Dec 3, 2021
We sat down with Godfrey Molen whose passion for making a difference in the world and honoring the legacy of his late Mom, Florence, led to the founding of FLOGiving, a faith-based non-profit in our hometown of Baltimore. Florence, a woman of deep faith who valued giving back, often said "Up, up ever… down, down never," which means stay positive and leave your faith in God.
Throughout this episode, we delved into -
- FLOGiving's multi-layered mission and vision: providing food, clothing, furniture, and supplies for people experiencing hardship, and inspiring men, women, and children in need, helping them transform their lives through hope. You can see testimonials of folks whose lives they have improved here and areas they serve.
- What it means to love loudly and love our neighbors in an expansive way, not leaving out those who are living on the margins of homelessness and economic insecurity.
- What Godfrey sees as the root causes of homelessness in Baltimore: addiction, eviction, domestic violence and mental health challenges.
- How Psalm 123 and regular prayer keep him grounded and spiritually sustained in this ongoing work.
- Ways to Support the work of FLOGiving: donating, spreading the word about their work on social media (FLOGiving on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube), and for local folks volunteering when in-person events start up again - watch their website and social media for updates.
Support Pray with our Feet -
If you're able to send a donation to further our work (on Venmo). We are working on a Patreon page.
Snag our NEW tee: Love is the Revolution, a collab with our friend Kris Earth is an Island Designs. Choose Pray with our Feet as an org. to donate to at check out, and we receive a portion of the proceeds. Use the CODE - Invest20 and save 20% off your purchase.
Special thanks to my husband Keston De Coteau (founder of Keystone Productions) who edits all our episodes!