Jan 28, 2022
I caught up with Rev. Bri-Anne Swan, founder of Resistance Church, minister at Jubilee United Church, and singer / songwriter. She has a heart for all those who have been told they do not belong (check out Rev. Bri-Anne's full bio here).
Resistance Church is a justice-focused, online ministry of Jubilee that reaches out to those for whom traditional church models are not always relevant or accessible.
Throughout our conversation we delved into:
- Her own spiritual journey and relationship with Christ, along with the unique way church functined for her growing up - not as a place you went to on Sunday, but as a community.
- How reading scriptures introduced her to an expansive relationship with Christ - particularly sititng with the books of Isaiah and Mark.
- The ongoing work, mission and offerings of Resistance Church, rooted in "rest, hope and community. Subversive faith & radical love in response to extraordinary times."
- Why we should stop trying to make God into our own image and conform to our national ideals.
- Her friendship with death row inmtate Ramiro Gonzales (she also now serves as his spiritual advisor), and the ongoing work of forgiveness and beloved community.
Stay Connected with Resistance Church and Rev. Bri-Anne:
Listen to Rev. Bri-Anne's music on Facebook.