Dec 15, 2020
Welcome to Season 2 of the Pray with our Feet podcast! It's been a while since Season 1 wrapped, and we are excited to be in conversation with you all again. And, if you're on Instagram or Twitter, we regularly share there, too!
This season our theme is racism in the church: How do we dismantle it, along and also begin to move towards reconciliation?
Throughout the season, we'll explore -
- Racism in the Church (form a
historical perspective), looking at
the early church.
- Racism & the early church (biblical roots): how this connects what we are seeing in the American church today?
- In what way does the church need to rediscover the gospel of Jesus Christ in order to deal with racism?
- What are the shifts - administrative, cultural and individual - that need to take place in the collective body of Christ to uproot racism and the ideology of white supremacy?
- What are the strategies we can begin to lean into as individuals, and church bodies to uproot racism within our own hearts and minds?
We're excited to bring you conversations with ministers, activists, and organizers doing the deep and necessary work of anti-racism.
Here are a few of our upcoming guests mentioned in this episode:
TY to our Season 2 Sponsor, Earth is an Island Designs (power the revolution with your purchase. They have donated $9,800 to progressive causes!) Shop small and conscious today.
Stay tuned for our NEW Instagram Live pop-up series, "Continually Awakening," starting in Jan. 2021, where we make space to keep the conversation going around social justice and faith in between PWF podcast episodes.
HUGE thank you to my husband, Kes, our podcast editor! He is also a talented creative entrepreneur, videographer and photographer! You can work with him and explore his work here.