Jul 15, 2022
We're living through immensely challenging times, and it often feels isolating. In this epiosde, Rev. Aurelia Dávila Pratt reminds us our faith is a source of both strength and discovery, which can lead us to connect with our divine intuition, an inner knowing that flows from God.
She is the author of the fothcoming book: A Brown Girl's Epiphany: Reclaim Your Intuition and Step into Your Power, now available for pre-order. In addition to her writing, Rev. Aurelia is also a Pastor and sacred spacemaker. She helped found Peace of Christ Church , a sacred community in the heart of central Texas doing the work of radical love and disruptive peacemaking.
- The urgency of creating spaces rooted in growth, humility and compassion, and why she sees herself as a paradigm shifter in the tradition of the Beattitudes.
- The inspiration and journey which led her to write A Brown Girl's Epiphany: Reclaim Your Intuition and Step into Your Power, now available for pre-order, and why stepping out of harmful paradigms is healing and necesary work.
- How her sermon, "Go and Do Likewise" lifts up the concept of radical empathy (a willingness to go near and see a situation), alongside some key questions we can continually ask ourselves: How can I serve? How can I give of my time and resources? How can I mobilze?
- Her faith path - it's roots in childlike wonder, and how this approach to our realtionship with Christ is liberatory, pushing us beyond the boxes we construct.
Stay Connected with Rev. Aurelia:
- Rev. Aurelia's Instagram as a space to center both art (her poems) and theology which lifts up inclusion and honesty, instead of division.
- Visit her website where you'll find her writing, speaking and more.
Stay Connected with Pray with our Feet:
Visit our new website which features our devotionals, blog, and online store with PWF merch. (tees, backpacks and more!). You can donate here to support our work.